puma

Friday, March 5, 2010

The weekly or potentially just every so often "brett's right brad's wrong debate"


So one of the reasons we started this thing was to create a platform for sports discussion, opinions, downright arguing, ect. We want to start a dialogue about sporting news today and debate some sports history like would you take LeBron over Magic in an all-time NBA draft at the No. 2 spot? Because we all know who is No. 1. The point is if you're looking here effing comment here already, lets get this going...ya I said it...yes to you....mmmk, with that said here is a little tiff between Brad and I recently.
Brad-Monta Ellis puts up superstar #'s, but is not a superstar.

Brett-So the 6th leading scorer at 25.7 ppg shooting 45% from the field and 75% at the line gets to the stripe pretty often and plays good pressure D which is backed up by the fact that he is 2nd in steals this year so far AND avgs 5apg 4rpg isn't a superstar?....your rebuttal sir?

Brad-You act like I do not appreciate the #s he puts up. The kid has never seen a shot he does not like, but he is not the first person I think about when the NBA comes in my head.He does not even come in my top 20

Brett-Can you question shot selection at 45%?

Brad-So you are telling me Ellis is in the top 20 superstars in the NBA. I will list them if you want me to.

Brett-This isn't a top 20 argument it's "is he a superstar" I say yes im not going to narrow the scope to 20 players is Timmy(Duncan) a superstar?

Brad-Akron Hammer 2. Timmy 3.Kobe 4.Amare...PLEASE lets not get that debate started lets just stick to the young man we started with...4 rings.

Brett-So if the Warriors offered Monta straight up for Tim tell me they don't take that into consideration.

Brad-Pop would laugh in your face.

Brett-I'm not questioning his status I'm just saying as a Spurs fan that deal wouldn't excite you a little?

Brad-No not at all period might as well shoot my dog(from Brett while typing-my favorite line on this web thingy so far)They already took my boyhood idol from the Packers. Before you get me all worked up and off topic. Where is Ellis' commercial love?

Brett-Someone needs to shoot your dog cause he is getting painfully old...that's the difference with that situation Duncan isn't a No. 1 on his own team anymore and that's one of the things I take into account considering Monta as a superstar he is so young.

Brad-We are talking superstar status not trades.

Brett-to commercial question-A. He isn't personable B.He plays in Golden State. That's another reason I think people aren't big on him you don't see him anywhere but the court, and golden state games aren't easy to come by these days, unless your getting that Akron Hammer(apparently the official LeBron nickname of our site) dropped on you.

Brad-So are you taking back the superstar status?

Brett-No im saying he isn't marketable. My point with the Timmy trade was there aren't many players i wouldn't trade straight for Monta, contracts and what not aside.

Brad-I agree but to bring Timmy in it with me is a bad example.

Brett-But it makes basketball sense.

Brad-Yes.

Brett-OK...thank you. Other players I would consider stars in the league I would trade for him...Joe Johnson, Carlos Boozer, Paul Pierce, and yes even Billups... Bradley(We play NBA 2K10 and Billups is Brad's go to player...kind of where this all got started Golden State Vs. Denver).

Brad-Stars but not SUPERstars that is what we are talking about right?

Brett-Semantics! Fan voted all star=superstar to me, excluding Chris the caveman Kaman.

Brad-There you go throwing big words out and all star voting. Damn you beat me to that caveman comment. In my eyes David Lee is a bigger star than Monta is.

Brett-Whoaaaa...you can't go all white guy on me like that it's just plain silly.

Brad-I am sorry, how about your boy RUUUUUDY Fernandez?

Brett-For sure I'd take Monta over him(much love 4 the Flying Spainard tho). Lebron, Kobe, dwade, melo, Durant, Dwight, cp3, Bosh, Deron Williams...can you think of anyone else on that level?

Brad-Amare

Brett-Because those are players I wouldn't group with Ellis, they are the untouchables, and I think if those are the only players better than you, your pretty freggin good whatever you wish to call it.

2 comments: