
If you haven't been paying attention to some of the young talent in the NBA these days, you really should start. Tyreke Evans(of the Sacramento Kings, formerly a Memphis Tiger)is a John Calipari special, a big strong slashing guard, who gets to and finishes at the rim with the best. Then you've got my personal fav Stephen Curry(Golden State by way of Davidson), what I love about Curry is all the people pre-draft that said he was too small or slight of build, or he didn't have the skill set to move to the PG position. Well to all those people Steph has proved you wrong and then some. Hoopers hoop and that's all Curry has been doing since birth, he was probably hitting J's in the womb. Enough of my infatuation, to the data.
- ppg Evans-20.5 Curry-15.7
- reb Evans-4.9 Curry-4.2
- apg Evans-5.4 Curry-5.3
- FG% Evans-.466 Curry-.460
- 3pnt% Evans-.255 Curry-.408
- FT% Evans-.756 Curry-.875
- MPG Evans-37.1 Curry-35.6
- TO Evans-2.9 Curry-2.9
- stls Evans-1.5 Curry-1.8
You crunch the numbers, very similar stats, but to me watching Tyreke play is like watching kobe without a jump shot he just dribbles around until he sees his crease in the D then hits it, and like I said he can finish at the rim with the best, but I'm almost positive his 5.4 assist per are all accidents because I've never seen him looking for his teammates. Curry on the other hand just fits into the game better. He takes shots when he can get them, drives when he has a mismatch or an opportunity, and has GREAT vision that can only get better once he gets some pieces around him. Not only that he is a sneaky good defender too. Sooo I'm obviously on the Curry bandwagon, where are you?
No comments:
Post a Comment