puma

Monday, April 5, 2010

We're back...I hope


Ya I'm a Duke fan so what. I jumped on the bandwagon around the 2001 title i fell in love with the floor slapping, the tight man D, Jay Will Knifing to the bucket, and that one token white guy who is always a great college player(Duleavy that year). Then came the J.J. era and i fell even harder. Anything inside half court was fair game, J.J. had a way of being a cocky d-bag but still being crazy fun to watch. I loved the long holds on follow throughs, and the way he strutted after hitting a deep three coming off 27 screens running half a mile, so amazing. Duke's recent history in the tourney has been abysmal for a program of their caliber. Choke after choke highlighted by a highly disappointing, to say the least, lose to a scrappy little VCU team as an 11 seed a couple years ago. Now today we are back, and deservedly so, 2 token white guys that can hoop in Scheyer and Singler and the firecracker that is Nolan Smith. Needless to say I'm terrified, ya Duke has size, ya they are killing teams on the offensive glass, yes we can shoot over Butler's zone, but the most important and scary yes is Butler can beat us. This game is far from a forgone conclusion, the past March short comings keep creeping in my head. I've been telling myself all morning this is a different team with upper class men leading the way and an Olympic gold medal winning coach at the helm, we got this...I'm pretty sure we do at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment