puma

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Shining Moment

     I am sorry but if this moment did not get to you than you have no feelings.  I have watched Blind Side and going into it I thought it would get me(nothing).   I watched this and it got me.  I did an article on Brad Stevens willing his team to the Final Four(which I hate to say I was right).   Bob Huggins team won me the brackets and my life long love for the team all in one show of class that can not be measured.  Mountaineer's top player Butler goes down bad on his knee and the world goes silent.  "I was just apologizing because I wanted to win it for him, too," Butler said. "Don't be sorry," Huggins told him. "I love ya." Are you kidding me?  If you are on the fence of where you want to send your kid to play, I think Bob showed that he is going to take care of your boy.  "I'm not surprised," Butler said. "That's my coach. He's like a father to me. It's something we expect him to do. Maybe everyone else didn't, but we're all a family and we love each other."   I watch a lot of basketball and the only story that comes close(not at all) is DeMarcus Cousins was struggling and he was calling his friends back home for motivation. Calipari grabbed his phone and put the Akron hammer(Sir James) in his phone to call.  That alone when I heard he did that was overly amazing.  Bob cradled his star and it did not matter the score.  Imagine  your son short of breath, I believe Bob would have saved the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment